Deeb Blum Murphy Frishberg & Markovich's Bankruptcy and Reorganization Practice Group represents creditor clients in complex Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases, as well as out-of-court debt restructurings and workouts across the country. The Firm's strong litigation background and sophisticated transactional understanding allows us to pursue tactics that are most likely to result in the best possible outcome for our clients in the most cost-effective manner.
The Firm's Bankruptcy and Reorganization lawyers have represented a variety of national institutional clients involved in a broad cross-section of industries, including telecommunications, airlines, leasing and finance, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, information technology, hospitality, real estate, retail, trucking, and construction.
Representation of Creditors
The Firm routinely represents all types of secured and unsecured creditors, including asset-based lenders and members of lender groups, equipment lenders and lessors, and trade creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy and out-of-court debt restructurings.
To help clients maximize recovery in bankruptcy and restructuring scenarios, Deeb Blum Murphy Frishberg & Markovich offers clients extensive experience in the negotiation, documentation and successful implementation of plans of reorganization, debtor-in-possession financing, and exit financing, as well as the successful litigation and resolution of stay relief and cash collateral issues. Our Bankruptcy and Reorganization attorneys routinely negotiate and draft commercial debt restructuring and workout documents and counsel financial institutions on the purchase and sale of distressed debt portfolios.
Clients rely on us for representation in various types of bankruptcy litigation. The Firm routinely defends clients against preference and fraudulent transfer avoidance actions and other adversary proceedings pursued by debtors-in-possession, bankruptcy trustees, or unsecured creditors' committees. In addition, the Firm's attorneys have successfully sought appointment of special examiners and Chapter 11 trustees, pursued objection-to-discharge actions, and defended various lender liability matters.
Representative Matters Nationwide
- TH Properties, L.P, et al. (Bankr. E.D. Pa.) - Counsel to pre-petition and post-petition lender in all aspects of bankruptcy proceeding, including extension of DIP financing
- DD-OH Family Partners, LLC, et al. (Bankr. D. N.J.) - Representation of major secured creditor in all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings
- IFC Credit Corporation (Bankr. N.D. 111.) - Counsel to pre-petition purchaser of leasing portfolios in all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings
- Kleinert's, Inc. (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.) - Counsel to purchaser of business at § 363 sale
- General Motors Corp., et al. (Bankr. S.D. N.Y.); Metal Transportation Systems, Inc. (Bankr. N.D. N.Y.); Glen-Lew Leasing (Bankr. M.D. Pa.): PHI Healthcare Management, Inc. (Bankr. C.D. CaL); Aly-Wear, Inc. (Bankr. E.D. Pa.): Sure Fit, Inc. (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.) - Counsel to various secured lenders and equipment lessors
- NorVergence, Inc. (Bankr. D.N.J.) - Counsel to petitioning creditors in involuntary chapter 11 bankruptcy filing; representation of eleven (11) financial institutions in all aspects of bankruptcy proceeding and adversary mass-action proceedings
- U.S. Air, Inc. (Bankr. E.D. Va.) - Counsel to trade creditor in negotiations of plan of reorganization
- Venture Lighting International, Inc. (Bankr. N.D. 111.) - Counsel to member of pre-petition and post-petition asset-based bank group
- Ambassador Eyewear Group, Inc. (Bankr. D. Del.); Exodus Communications, Inc. (Bankr. D. Del.) - defense of trade creditors in avoidance actions
Counseling on Modern Trends in Bankruptcy
The Firm's Bankruptcy and Reorganization lawyers are active members of the Turnaround Management Association, the Risk Management Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association, and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference. Our lawyers have published numerous articles and are often featured speakers at industry seminars on current topics in bankruptcy and debt restructuring. Our guidance on modern trends in bankruptcy and debt restructuring helps clients overcome the obstacles and take advantage of the opportunities presented in out-of-court workouts and pre-bankruptcy planning, as well as bankruptcy proceedings.
Our Bankruptcy and Reorganization Attorneys:
Back to top